Surgery/Implant Heavy GPR/AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mpagri

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but the previous threads are outdated and did not have much response.

I have been having a hard time trying to contact residents directly so I am hoping for some help on here,

I am looking for a surgery/implant heavy GPR or AEGD, preferably in the northeast. I am interested in implant placement and restoration, bone grafting, sinus lifts and sedation.

I am considering perio residency, but I am just not that interested in any of the soft tissue manipulation. Nor am I interested in paying for three more years of school.

I know there are GPR programs out there that touch all of this but can't seem to sort them out.

Does anyone have more insight on this subject?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I know this has been discussed before but the previous threads are outdated and did not have much response.

I have been having a hard time trying to contact residents directly so I am hoping for some help on here,

I am looking for a surgery/implant heavy GPR or AEGD, preferably in the northeast. I am interested in implant placement and restoration, bone grafting, sinus lifts and sedation.

I am considering perio residency, but I am just not that interested in any of the soft tissue manipulation. Nor am I interested in paying for three more years of school.

I know there are GPR programs out there that touch all of this but can't seem to sort them out.

Does anyone have more insight on this subject?

Thanks

You should give a look to the AEGD program in Rochester, NY. My friend went there and he did tons of implants and bone grafting.

Thanks! Any others?

Members don't see this ad :)
check out UVA GPR in Charlottesville, VA. We dont do tons of one thing, but you definitely get exposure to surgery and restoring cases.

http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/cl...tistry/general-practice-residency/application

the PDF file on this link summarizes the program pretty nicely.

Also check out St Pete AEGD in Florida and the AEGD in San Antonio. Those are the only other two programs that i would consider if I had to go somewhere else.

Any way to give an estimate of number of implants placed/implant cases per resident per year?

Any others have any input?

check out UVA GPR in Charlottesville, VA. We dont do tons of one thing, but you definitely get exposure to surgery and restoring cases.

http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/cl...tistry/general-practice-residency/application

the PDF file on this link summarizes the program pretty nicely.

Also check out St Pete AEGD in Florida and the AEGD in San Antonio. Those are the only other two programs that i would consider if I had to go somewhere else.

Are you able to give an estimate of implants placed/implant cases per resident per year?

Are you able to give an estimate of implants placed/implant cases per resident per year?

you'll probably place around 20 implants. Probably not as heavy as some other programs, but you get a good overall surgery experience with thirds, biopsies, dentoalveolar, perio sx, etc.