Other Surgery preliminary spot with step 1 score only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamsona

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am an International medical graduate. Graduated in Jan,2016. My question is that Do i have any chance to match into preliminary surgery with step 1 score only? Without ecfmg certification? Can i apply directly into SOAP? Or Do i need to apply firstly in Sept. Match, only then i'll be eligible for SOAP? I want to apply for next year match. Means i'll take usmle step 1 in june, 2018 & matching process starts in july. N am planning to take step 2 CK in Nov. 2018 & then step 2 CS in January 2019. What would be the best? Should i apply into Sept. Match with step 1 score only? Then get all steps done, & show up in SOAP which is supposed to be in March. What should i do? Really confused?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, i am an International medical graduate. Graduated in Jan,2016. My question is that Do i have any chance to match into preliminary surgery with step 1 score only? Without ecfmg certification? Can i apply directly into SOAP? Or Do i need to apply firstly in Sept. Match, only then i'll be eligible for SOAP? I want to apply for next year match. Means i'll take usmle step 1 in june, 2018 & matching process starts in july. N am planning to take step 2 CK in Nov. 2018 & then step 2 CS in January 2019. What would be the best? Should i apply into Sept. Match with step 1 score only? Then get all steps done, & show up in SOAP which is supposed to be in March. What should i do? Really confused?
to participate in the NRMP match you have to have a passed score on Step I, CK, and CS by the time the ROL is due, otherwise you are automatically withdrawn from the Match.

go to the NRMP website and read about the Match...its spelled out pretty well what is need to participate in the match.

Reactions: 1 users
to participate in the NRMP match you have to have a passed score on Step I, CK, and CS by the time the ROL is due, otherwise you are automatically withdrawn from the Match.

go to the NRMP website and read about the Match...its spelled out pretty well what is need to participate in the match.

Thnkeww so much