surgery programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robbie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there. i'm finishing up my third year and am interested in going to a community based gen surgery program. does anyone out there have any thoughts on certain community based programs throughout the country. also, if you know of ones to stay away from too, that would be great! thanks for your help, i appreciate it. i've been trying to explore them online, but it is hard to get a 'real' picture of them all. if someone who already has rotated or interviewed at some and has some advice i'd truly appreciate it.

thanks!

robbie.

Members don't see this ad.

Robbie...go to Scutwork.com and check out the ratings of some programs there. And I agree with pilotdoc, you'll have to be a bit more specific about your needs to get any real feedback - your query is just a mite too broad.

oops, sorry there. i'd like to stay coastal, and really have no preference for either the east or west coast. it would be nice to be in a larger city. i've been thinking about LA or NYC, but don't know any 'real' info about the programs. i've looked at scutwork.com and it has been pretty helpful, but there are a lot of programs that have not been evaluated yet. i'm pretty flexible in terms of geography and do not plan on specializing, actually i'd like to do some work in the 3rd world after graduating, and be able to travel. i guess if anyone has any info regarding community programs namely on the east coast that would be great.

thanks again, i really appreciate any feedback,

cheers!