Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match 2019/2020 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bboynation

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's that time again...

I thought we should start a thread for this years Surgical Oncology Fellowship Match.

Seems like the trend for the last few years is not much response from programs till the new year for interview invitations, but this is a good forum for general discussion.

Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for starting this thread. Roswell Park interview invites are out as of last week.

How many LORs did everyone request? Have found a couple programs require 4...

I got 4 LOR, a little bit of a hassle because one of them took a while to come through so i couldn't submit for a few days after the opening.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else out there applying this year?

yup, just got MCW.
Never heard from Roswell Park. I wasn't able to submit until 12/7 because waiting for a letter to come through, I might have missed there review meeting. :bang:

thanks guys, good luck all!

UPMC invites out.

Anyone hear from any other programs?

Been quiet on this thread lately... anyone hear anything since last week?

Members don't see this ad :)
My husband is applying. Just got a email from VCU and MCW

Last edited:
This process is pretty nerve wrecking. I wish all programs would put us out of the misery by letting us know which ever way they decide.

This process is pretty nerve wrecking. I wish all programs would put us out of the misery by letting us know which ever way they decide.

may i also suggest everyone holding interviews at the annual SSO symposium, would probably save me 10K, 2 weeks of vacation, and a whole bunch of stress!!

Any idea on when Miami or Fox Chase will be sending invites? Have they already gone out? Their first interviews are end of February and schedules are being finalized...

Last edited:
Any idea on when Miami or Fox Chase will be sending invites? Have they already gone out? Their first interviews are end of February and schedules are being finalized...
I have not heard from either... you would think soon. I’m surprised how last minute these things are

If anyone has unique tips/ways to reduce travel/lodging costs, do share...thanks!

For those of you interviewing at Mt Sinai do you know if there is a dinner the night before?

I was reading my email. I don’t see anything that mentions a dinner.

Has anyone heard from City of Hope?

Same here. Anybody applying to Ottawa or British Columbia?