reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
I wanted to get the 3.5X Oakley Half Frames from Surgitel and they quoted me $1450 for them with shipping. They said that was the student price. For those that got the 3.5X from Surgitel recently, is that along the lines of what you paid for them? Thanks! :)

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
It is the expanded field prism telescope TTL btw if that helps. Thanks again!

HupHolland

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2008
MA / RI
Status
Dentist
Not sure about the price, but you should check out orascoptic or DFV. Most people at my school with Surgitel's wish they would have gone with either of these companies. With orascoptic look at 3.8 EF TTL titanium frames; DFV 3.5 EF TTL buddy holly frames. The price will be similar, but the quality is better!

Hup

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
Thanks HupHolland! I am particularly attracted by Surgitel because they claim to make the smallest and lightest 3.5x telescopes. Of course, I cannot confirm whether this is true for not, but from their brochure, they have their telescopes matched up with other companies and it appears to be smaller, although it's probably minimally smaller... I bought the loupes btw. $1,450 with shipping if anyone is curious later on. Its a black Oakley Half Jacket 3.5x. Looks pretty cool :)

reallylostnow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2006
Status
Sorry I meant $1,440. $1,310 for the prism telescopes, $125 for the frames, and $5 for shipping. Math was never my strong suit...

nchrist

10+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I wanted to get the 3.5X Oakley Half Frames from Surgitel and they quoted me $1450 for them with shipping. They said that was the student price. For those that got the 3.5X from Surgitel recently, is that along the lines of what you paid for them? Thanks! :)
they quoted me the same thing for the student price just this past week. this was at a vendor open house thing at our school. i think i am going to shop around a bit before biting.

Decan

10+ Year Member
May 9, 2007
Status
Dental Student
3.5 was too much for me so i opted for a 3...i love 'em.