ComfortableWolf

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
So I was walking out of work today after recieving the news that I had been waitlisted at Columbia, I was in the subway and my phone rang with an anonymous number... yada, yada, yada

Johns Hopkins is calling candidates to inform them that they are accepted :D :D :D

Surreal

newhavenjake

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
Status
ComfortableWolf said:
So I was walking out of work today after recieving the news that I had been waitlisted at Columbia, I was in the subway and my phone rang with an anonymous number... yada, yada, yada

Johns Hopkins is calling candidates to inform them that they are accepted :D :D :D

Surreal
congrats.

Blue Scrub

The Gift & The Curse
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2005
Status
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
Congrats man!! Its totally surreal...but while it is, enjoy it!!

Without Wax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
Conglats. Although Harvard is considered the top med school, JH is regarded as the best hospital in the world. better than Columbia for sure.

I heard that many JHU students are unhappy because of competition and long hours, but i am sure it is worth it.
conglats

GuyLaroche

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
Without Wax said:
Conglats. Although Harvard is considered the top med school, JH is regarded as the best hospital in the world. better than Columbia for sure.
Actually, little untold truth is that JHU is the best medical school as well. Harvard relies far too much on its legacy. I hope you go to JHU. It is the best medical school. Period. And congratulations. This is a very, very impressive prize you've bagged.

Psycho Doctor

*** Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
they are??? :eek: congrats! that's awesome!

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
awesome - yeah, who needs columbia. congrats.

on another note, are you still considering cleveland clinic?

FloridaMadame

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2005
Status
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
Congratulations!! That is quite an honor. Best of luck to you :luck:

OP
C

ComfortableWolf

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2004
Status
medstylee said:
awesome - yeah, who needs columbia. congrats.

on another note, are you still considering cleveland clinic?

I am...
I am trying to time my med school apps with my fiances' Clinical psych PhD apps. One of my criteria is that we must be able to live together ie. same geographic location... I will not know where I can matriculate until she knows where she is going. (Clinical psych PhD's are more competitive than med schools becaus ethey only admit 6-10 students to a class).

I loved CCLCM and I have not yet ruled it out. I will see you at the revisit.

PhotoMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2004
NYC
Status
Medical Student
The debate about "the best medical school" is not even worth having. There are so many categories of greatness to excel in that there is definitely no objective basis to measure it, and probably not even a subjective one. Some might say that the clinical prowess of the doctors produced is most important (it is a school after all), but some would argue that the volume and importance of the research published is the most important criterion. (Personally, I think that indicates a strong graduate school and faculty, and not much about the education, training, and students). Anyway, "best medical school" means different things to different people.

EDIT: The debate is worth having, but not only will there be no conclusion, but probably not even the most general consensus.

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
PhotoMD said:
The debate about "the best medical school" is not even worth having. There are so many categories of greatness to excel in that there is definitely no objective basis to measure it, and probably not even a subjective one. Some might say that the clinical prowess of the doctors produced is most important (it is a school after all), but some would argue that the volume and importance of the research published is the most important criterion. (Personally, I think that indicates a strong graduate school and faculty, and not much about the education, training, and students). Anyway, "best medical school" means different things to different people.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

ellia08

Medicine + Math = Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2004
the lab! yay!
Status
Medical Student
Congrats!!!

crazyvladif

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
madison, WI
Status
ComfortableWolf said:

Surreal
Congrats! Might I ask, were you a Thursday or a Friday interviewee?