SURVEY: Did you apply without your prereqs completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question has indirectly come up on another thread of mine .... but I wanted to get everyone's feedback on this.

Please reply if you didn't have any of the following prereqs completed at the time of the AMCAS application. Also, if your prereqs were more than 10 years old, please indicate that too.

Biology with lab - 1 year (2 courses in a semester system, or 3 courses in a quarter system)
General Chemistry with lab - 1 year (2 courses in a semester system, or 3 courses in a quarter system
Organic Chemistry with lab - 1 year (2 courses in a semester system, or 3 courses in a quarter system)
Physics with lab - 1 year (2 courses in a semester system, or 3 courses in a quarter system)
Math - 1 year
English - 1 year

Members don't see this ad.

I was missing a biology lab.

I was missing a semester of "english" when I initially submitted the application but I did put on the AMCAS that I would be taking it in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my last bio lab the summer I was applying, so it wasn't on my application, but then I updated my transcripts to AMCAS and TMDSAS in the fall.

i know someone who is currently a first year medical student in a top-20 school. he never took bio lab or chem lab.

missing ochem lab ;O taking it now

doctorvenkman said:
i know someone who is currently a first year medical student in a top-20 school. he never took bio lab or chem lab.

Are you kidding? I wonder what school is that ?

without his permission, i can't tell, but i think he may have been a special case. he was a physics major, so he had a lot of science under his belt besides these labs. he promised the school he'd do the labs the summer before he began, and never did. i don't think they really cared.