surveys to supplement income for hospitalists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wrkndply

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find surveys to complete for extra income for hospitalists?

Members don't see this ad.

Sermo also pays less for a lot more time put in. Also you get a tax form beyond i think it was around $800 or more.

In residency i would do these, make 200-400$ a month. Was a lot at that time as we couldnt moonlight.

In fellowship, moonlighting alone was > $100k

Best bet is to do a few extra shifts a month and make much more than a survey.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why would you do that?

1 extra shift per pay period would get you an extra 50k+... No amount of surveys would get you that kind of extra income.

I know it is not popular here to say: Hospital medicine is not a challenging gig in many places.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Sermo, supposedly. But it's very hit and miss. Not steady work at all.
There's a lot of survey companies out there. If you sign up for multiple sites, the volume can end up being enough for steady part-time income on your time off (though volume probably still not enough for replace a full time physician job).

Availability is largely specialty dependent though. Sermo seems to largely target an international physician audience so their pay may be more on par with physicians in other countrifies, but most of their surveys pay low for the amount of time spent by U.S. physician standards.

Pay can range anywhere from $50 to $300 per hour from what I've seen. If you can get more surveys paying on the higher end of that range, it may be comparable to pay for clinical practice in your specialty, but much more flexibility to do from home and comes with none of the liability that comes with clinical practice.