Sway Balance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freezeout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there using Sway in their concussion evaluations? What’s the cost and is it something that pays for itself relatively quickly like IMPACT?

Members don't see this ad.

Not using it. As a bias I am not a big fan of impact either, but I use it because its at the schools so Ill read it.

In clinic I use SCAT 5 and VOMS and after 2 weeks I place them on treadmill for Buffalo protocol and track them with that. I would be interested in an occular screening device if it included rehab exercises to treat the deficits, but for that I send them to an actual optometrist who does it.

If you have experience with Sway id be interested in how it has added to your practice

Not using it. As a bias I am not a big fan of impact either, but I use it because its at the schools so Ill read it.

In clinic I use SCAT 5 and VOMS and after 2 weeks I place them on treadmill for Buffalo protocol and track them with that. I would be interested in an occular screening device if it included rehab exercises to treat the deficits, but for that I send them to an actual optometrist who does it.

If you have experience with Sway id be interested in how it has added to your practice
I wish I was setup to do Buffalo but I’m in a setting where not even all the schools in the area have an ATC. The IMPACT program was setup prior to my arrival but it’s been helpful in some instances. We only started using Sway at the tail end of my fellowship in the area high schools (our main college used C3 which has a built in balance assessment) and it mostly seemed like BESS but more objective plus it tests reaction times. From a reimbursement perspective, it pays 0.7 wRVUs so I was wondering if other ppl have experience with it and if it’s worth the cost in terms of added benefit and revenue.