SWEET! Free Amazon Prime for a year for students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedRubberCath

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SWEET! I buy all my books from them so this rocks. Normally costs 79 bucks :)

If you have a .edu email address, you can get a free year of Amazon Prime (free 2-day shipping for any item, no minimum).

Amazon Link

Members don't see this ad.

SWEET! I buy all my books from them so this rocks. Normally costs 79 bucks :)

If you have a .edu email address, you can get a free year of Amazon Prime (free 2-day shipping for any item, no minimum).

Amazon Link

FREAKING AWESOME!! I purchased Amazon Prime last year and STILL thought it was worth it, as I bought all my books from them, but free Prime is even better!

Thanks for the heads-up!

I was going to open a thread about this! I found out about it yesterday.

For the people who already have amazon prime, you can still do it! They gave me the free year and automatically cancelled my paid amazon prime subscription and gave me a full refund for the days I had remaining (they prorated my remaining 4 months).

BTW, I've been paying for Amazon prime for about 3 years now, and it's EXTREMELY worth it. Probably the best investment I've ever made. It is definitely something worth looking into.

Members don't see this ad :)
A Prime subscription gives you a free 2-day shipping on any order of any value. It's $3.99 extra if you want your order the next day.

What a find! Thanks! Amazon is like my walmart :)

I chose the 2-day free shipping with Prime but got my Netter's the very next day! So excited!

it happens a lot actually... in my case roughly about 25-35% of my orders. That's why I love amazon so much :D

Me too, I think it's especially common if you live in a city that is near a major airport, or at least, near one of Amazon's warehouses.

Members don't see this ad :)
How tragic. My school uses .mil addresses instead of .edu adresses and thus I am left with my ordinary amazon.com account.

How tragic. My school uses .mil addresses instead of .edu adresses and thus I am left with my ordinary amazon.com account.

I'd email them and tell them that... you have to fill out a small form about your school anyways, which you can. You have nothing to lose by explaining your situation. I have a .edu email that I don't use anymore. I'd totally give it to you if I could.

At least you guys get them free military accounts on SDN :p

You guys still buy the books?

I use class notes (we have good note packs for each block) instead of books. I buy pretty much everything from Amazon though... including non perishable groceries (if they're cheaper than walmart, whnich they almost always are). You can find some badass brands that stores don't even carry. Plus, there are reviews if you're skeptical about anything. Yesterday I bought some awesome pancake syrup that's not even carried in stores!

And, in case you bought the wrong item, or you realize you don't want it anymore, you stick back in the box, print out a FREE shipping label from Amazon, and return it to them. I just give the box to my rental office on my way to my car!

Beats going to the store and you save a crap load of money. AND I need to walk up the stairs to my apartment, so they eliminate the hassle of having to do that since my mail is delivered upstairs! Now only if I can get them to start selling bottled water. That would be my equivalent of winning the lottery actually.

I use class notes (we have good note packs for each block) instead of books. I buy pretty much everything from Amazon though... including non perishable groceries (if they're cheaper than walmart, whnich they almost always are). You can find some badass brands that stores don't even carry. Plus, there are reviews if you're skeptical about anything. Yesterday I bought some awesome pancake syrup that's not even carried in stores!

And, in case you bought the wrong item, or you realize you don't want it anymore, you stick back in the box, print out a FREE shipping label from Amazon, and return it to them. I just give the box to my rental office on my way to my car!

Beats going to the store and you save a crap load of money. AND I need to walk up the stairs to my apartment, so they eliminate the hassle of having to do that since my mail is delivered upstairs! Now only if I can get them to start selling bottled water. That would be my equivalent of winning the lottery actually.

Ah silly me, I am old and still think of amazon as a bookstore.

This is A-mazing. Thanks, OP, for the heads up! :laugh:

Thank you for sharing this! I had a free account as a trial for three months, but a whole year is just great.

it happens a lot actually... in my case roughly about 25-35% of my orders. That's why I love amazon so much :D

I recently purchased my books for school through Amazon and save for the new edition of Costanzo's BRS, I have all of my books. I had them all < 24 hours after shipment and they all shipped <48 hours after ordering. Much :love: for Amazon and the free .edu Amazon Prime.

My only concern about the amazon service is that I read from their TOS/fineprint that they said they will be sending out solicitation emails (and perhaps their 'partners' too, of course). Not only that, if you chose to opt out of receiving those emails, they will cancel your subscription.

I dunno, I haven't gotten any unwanted correspondence from them since I signed up, just order confirmations and the like.

My only concern about the amazon service is that I read from their TOS/fineprint that they said they will be sending out solicitation emails (and perhaps their 'partners' too, of course). Not only that, if you chose to opt out of receiving those emails, they will cancel your subscription.

Amazon is typically very customer friendly. They won't spam.