Switching branches mid-HPSP application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would one have to completely start over to switch branches for the HPSP application? As in, MEPS all over again?

Members don't see this ad.

MEPS is good for all branches. The security clearance is also the same I think. You may have to complete a different application, write another essay, and you'll have a different interview.

I applied for the Army and AF concurrently. The Army set up my MEPS since they were the first ones I started. About a month, later the AF was able to get my physical from the MEPS station for their packet. The SF form (standard form) used for security clearances is the same accross the services.

One word of advice though. As a courtesy, please let both services know that you are applying for two scholarships if you choose to pursue both concurrently (to have one in the event you don't get the other).

tec said:
I applied for the Army and AF concurrently. The Army set up my MEPS since they were the first ones I started. About a month, later the AF was able to get my physical from the MEPS station for their packet. The SF form (standard form) used for security clearances is the same accross the services.

One word of advice though. As a courtesy, please let both services know that you are applying for two scholarships if you choose to pursue both concurrently (to have one in the event you don't get the other).

I haven't decided for sure, although I'm pretty certain I'll get the Army scholarship.