Suffusion

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm finishing up my junior year...I've got a 3.6 GPA overall and similar in science, absolutely no ECs, and I will have taken two semesters of Bio, Chem, Orgo, and one of Genetics on graduation. I'm premed, but thinking of switching in Pharmacy...is this a viable option or is it a with-phenomenal-test scores thing? Thanks

Suffusion

10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Ah, sorry, this was meant to be in pre-pharm. my bad

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just a minute ago you were trying to get into med school?

Playing both sides?

Pharm school is easier. 80+ on PCAT. Your GPA is competitive.

Maybe work some in a pharmacy, I did not and still got in.

About the Ads

genesis09

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status
Pharmacist
Your GPA is fine. You'll just have to do well on the PCAT. Also, you'll have to take anatomy/physiology, economics, and a few other courses to account for the differences between pre-pharm and pre-med.

PharMed2016

Eternal Scholar
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm finishing up my junior year...I've got a 3.6 GPA overall and similar in science, absolutely no ECs, and I will have taken two semesters of Bio, Chem, Orgo, and one of Genetics on graduation. I'm premed, but thinking of switching in Pharmacy...is this a viable option or is it a with-phenomenal-test scores thing? Thanks
Yea your fine... just remember you still have to take physics, maybe calc... etc. With your scores, you are probably top 25% of applicants easy. However, I would try to get some ECs in.

SHC1984

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Pharmacy>>>>Dentistry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Medicine

Good Switch! ;)

About the Ads