Swore in AND got engaged.

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by 73BARMYPgsp, May 9, 2007.

1. 73BARMYPgsp

73BARMYPgsp Post Doc
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So Friday night I asked my girlfriend to marry me (she said "yes") and then Saturday my unit swore me in as a 2LT. It was pretty exciting weekend! I guess now I can't back out of HPSP!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. deuist

deuist Stealthfully Sarcastic
    Physician Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congrats on the engagement, but why would you join HPSP? I hope you realize that you'll have an easier time getting out of a bad marriage than you will getting out of HPSP. You think your fiancée is happy now---just wait until you're PCS'ed or deployed and she can't go along.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. usarmyscholar

usarmyscholar New Member

2LT,

Is this the guy that kept asking a recruiter on the other side of the country how the process worked for HPSP as his own recruiter had no idea? If so, I am that recruiter. Congrats. I am glad everything workd out for you. Good to see you on the forums...keep the faith and don't let the anti-milmed folks get under your skin...

MAJ L (I got promoted:D)

4. BigNavyPedsGuy

BigNavyPedsGuy Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congrats. You can actually still back out at long as you haven't gotten paid. I had a classmate that did that. I also got married right when I started med school. Graduation in 9 days!!!

5. The White Coat Investor

The White Coat Investor Practicing Doc and Blogger
    Physician Partner Organization 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Reminds me of a younger me. I was engaged just a few months before being sworn in and got married after returning from OTS. I hope you're happier with your decision in 8 years than I am now!

6. The White Coat Investor

The White Coat Investor Practicing Doc and Blogger
    Physician Partner Organization 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Very funny! But I do wish the OP luck in both aspects.

7. OP
    OP
    73BARMYPgsp

73BARMYPgsp Post Doc
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    armyscholar--yes, I am the guy who kept calling you. Thanks for the help!

For everyone else thanks as well, and for the advice. I know I have mentioned this before, but I have been in the Army for 6 years already and I love it. I bleed green.