T minus 1 Week - Advice Wanted. Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOFOSHO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
which nbmes do you have left? Did you do the free 132 yet?

I would say do those and spend the rest of your time shoring up weaknesses in FA.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would re-do some UWorld blocks. build up some confidence going into this last week. supplement weak areas with FA.

i personally wouldn't take an NBME at this point unless you do the extended time versions (just to get a feel for more NBME style questions). scoring poorly on an NBME 1 week out would be a terrible feeling--not worth the risk.

if you haven't yet, go through the final 20 or so pages of FA of high yield buzz words.

Reactions: 1 user
id consider postponing. It sounds like youre not confident and if youre doubting yourself you wont perform well.

i have 11, 12, and 13 remaining. and i have not done the 132. one of the things i noticed was that I got a 234 on 16 then studied FA for a week and dropped to 224 on 17. so I'm afraid not doing questions will keep me in the "2 standard deviations below mean IQ" range. how do i get the free 132?

http://www.usmle.org/pdfs/step-1/2015samples_step1.pdf

Alternatively, if you have a PC you can download the program and do it like a simulation. 3 blocks.

Personally I'd stick to 1-2 blocks of questions and continue doing FA over and over. One of the things I regret is spending more time reviewing FA. Did not feel good the day of the exam, and visibly knowing that I forgot a ton of material made me feel even worse. Review a ton, don't even glance at anything on the day, the exam itself isn't bad at all. Felt to me like I was doing 7 blocks of Uworld, but just more stressful, because those blocks actually mattered.