T-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had to think for a minute, but I finally got it ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
17!!

....sorry Gavin, just wanted to join in the fun ;)

what are the #s all about? i'm lost!!:confused:

17 days counting down to the verdict delivery day,
Dec 2. :clap: :clap:
Am I right?
I'll give myself another round of applause..... Yeah, Tinker Bell rock..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

OHHHHHHHH
i count it by weeks... it's a smaller # feels better...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, what is the tradition in your circle of friends? Do you celebrate on acceptance day morning or post acceptance day eve? Seniors who took the DAT and finished all the hard courses last term don';t count. We know you have been on a constant toot since then.

aside from you uber nerds with 30/30 4.0's why the countdown when schools are still interviewing

we are doing the countdown since we are done with our interviews. Now just waiting until we get accepted and we can relax for a few good months.

DesiDentist

yay!!! 13 ... anybody else having nightmares???

Not having nightmares but I have been thinking more and more about what I will do if I don't get in this year :(
13 days!!!!

Beagle,

You WILL get in. Don't lose hope. Remember three months ago after your DAT you thought that you wouldn't even get an interview. Well you got more interviews than some people. Don't worry, I have full faith that you will get in this year. Take it day by day, don't stress out about things you can't control.

DesiDentist

I honestly try NOT to think about acceptances or the D-Day for two reasons:

1) I get so excited that I find myself day-dreaming in my classes, and I near completely loose all motivation to finish my classes and graduate.

2) I get terribly worried that I won't get any acceptances.

Enough said.

12!!!!!

Thanks for the words Desi!
You make me feel a little better
:clap:

Now thats its T- 11, a crazy thought crossed my mind.

Is it possible that schools could not let you know one way or another on Dec. 2, and instead just wait on your application and see how things go with other applicants. I mean, is it a gaurentee that I'm going to get anything at all on December 2nd... what do ya'll think?

I feel like I am a relatively borderline candidate, and I really really want to get in somewhere... but waiting any longer than I have to will make me lose my mind.

Rovert,

It isn't an absolute gurantee that you will receive word precisely on that date, although if you have interviewed fairly early in the cycle, then it almost IS a gurantee.

Keep in mind that schools can still send you a notification that you've been waitlisted, although if you are going to be accepted then most schools will notify you on Dec. 2 (or throughout that week) of that action.

That is one of the benefits of interviewing early. By now, schools have been interviewing for 2-3 (or 4!) months, and they've had plenty of time to judge the applicant pool for the year -- most schools will make an action on your file (postivite or negative), whether than waitlisting you!

Just to extend my previous thought: if you have interviewed this month at a school that began interviews in August or early September, then you might not hear from the school until Mid-December.

It all boils down to how the admissions committees meet and determine acceptances. Don't be depressed if you don't get something on Dec. 1 from your favorite school! For example, Creighton told me that the *soonest* they notify candidates for acceptance into their RDEP program is Mid-January (and most likely February 1).

10! Count dem! 10 more days till D-Day...!!! ....ah-ah-ah!

Attachments

• count 10.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 141
WOW!!!:eek: :eek:
Getting close to one week!

Don't forget to check-in the forum at around 9am California time on Dec 2. At that time, east coast schools should be done calling.
I'm starting my interview trip tomorrow. I don't think that I'll hear anything from any school on Dec 2. Hic....hic......Can someone lend me a shoulder? Or I have to find Captain Hook?
T

7!! It's close!!!!+pissed+

Make that new beginnings -1 for the nocturnal lunar souls.

i think its 7 days, right?
(monday, december 2nd)

3 additional days of anxiety driven mass quantity consumption of calorie laden leftovers following turkey day.

Question..
What will actually happen on Dec 2? Will letters be mailed out?phone calls made? what is the process here?
it seems like if the letters are mailed out then it'll take another few days to find out. this infosource was suppose to let us know but i guess that isn't working?

5!!! it depends on the schools i know USC will mail the letters out on dec 2nd... but some east coat schools mail them before december so we get them by dec 2nd or 3rd...

Some schools, like UK, said that we might even hear Saturday because they are mailing stuff on Wednesday or Thursday. So that would make it 4 days until I might hear something :)

and now it's the real countdown!!! 2 more days :eek: keep breathing!!!!

Since no one is posting.......

May I have the honor.....

1 more day to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!