1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Table for OMT?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by drchris33, Feb 24, 2002.

1. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am just curious about what type of table to purchase for an at home OMT table. I have found some massage tables on ebay but I am not sure if it would work for OMT.
    This type of table is a massage table, with aluminum legs, a hole cutout in the end for the person's face, and is portable. I can get one for 1999(including shipping). Would this type work and is this a good deal or not!!

Please let me know!!

Chris

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rainmaker

rainmaker Junior Member

OMT tables need to be thin, about 22" across and the padding needs to be a lot harder than massage tables.

Hope this helps!

4. TheSouth

TheSouth Member
    7+ Year Member

We get one included with our tuition at Pikeville. : )

5. CADO2B

CADO2B Member
    7+ Year Member

you can call and order them ($450) via telephone:
    800-289-5487

6. DrStacey69

DrStacey69 Member
    10+ Year Member

I bought one at Costco for $240 and it's perfect. Don't spend a fortune on one.

7. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Even better than CostCo -- Sam's Warehouse (yep, that Wal-Mart off shoot) carries a line of some very nice massage table, complete w/ adjustable legs, nice padding, carrying case & includes one of those horse-shoe shaped head/face rests for either $130 or $150. They appear to be well made...every bit as well made as those $400+ tables they hawk to you constantly. And about the pads needing to be thinner...yeah, right! You can even be fairly effective at OMT in a regular bed...most definitely have to learn to be effective in a hospital bed...in that light, do you really think less than 1" difference in padding thickness means much? Just learn to refine your techniques...

8. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I bought my OMT table on E-bay. I got a 500 retail massage portable for 199, shipping included. It should be here in a few days. You all should check it out as well

Chris

9. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Is the OMT table part of our required supplies?

10. drchris33

drchris33 MSIV
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, an OMT table isn't required, but I have noticed a lot of students do have them at home. I just wanted to get one so I could practice at home. Plus I am sure my family will take advantage of me and I will have a table for them. My wife will be my main guinea pig. I just got it in the mail the other day. It is pretty cool. I laid down on it for a bit, very comfy!

Chris