Table for OMT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drchris33

MSIV
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious about what type of table to purchase for an at home OMT table. I have found some massage tables on ebay but I am not sure if it would work for OMT.
This type of table is a massage table, with aluminum legs, a hole cutout in the end for the person's face, and is portable. I can get one for 1999(including shipping). Would this type work and is this a good deal or not!!

Please let me know!!

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

OMT tables need to be thin, about 22" across and the padding needs to be a lot harder than massage tables.

Hope this helps!

We get one included with our tuition at Pikeville. : )

Members don't see this ad :)
you can call and order them ($450) via telephone:
800-289-5487

I bought one at Costco for $240 and it's perfect. Don't spend a fortune on one.

Even better than CostCo -- Sam's Warehouse (yep, that Wal-Mart off shoot) carries a line of some very nice massage table, complete w/ adjustable legs, nice padding, carrying case & includes one of those horse-shoe shaped head/face rests for either $130 or $150. They appear to be well made...every bit as well made as those $400+ tables they hawk to you constantly. And about the pads needing to be thinner...yeah, right! You can even be fairly effective at OMT in a regular bed...most definitely have to learn to be effective in a hospital bed...in that light, do you really think less than 1" difference in padding thickness means much? Just learn to refine your techniques...

I bought my OMT table on E-bay. I got a 500 retail massage portable for 199, shipping included. It should be here in a few days. You all should check it out as well

Chris

Is the OMT table part of our required supplies?

No, an OMT table isn't required, but I have noticed a lot of students do have them at home. I just wanted to get one so I could practice at home. Plus I am sure my family will take advantage of me and I will have a table for them. My wife will be my main guinea pig. I just got it in the mail the other day. It is pretty cool. I laid down on it for a bit, very comfy!

Chris