• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Aug 13, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Any way to get TAD orders for fellowship interviews so I don't have to burn up leave? Would be starting the summer I separate? Navy if that matters.

About the Ads

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home again
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you're getting out (not retiring), generally no. The Navy usually won't pay for people to go interview for their post-Navy jobs.

Even "no-cost" TAD has a cost associated with it.

For my fellowship interviews, I was able to get no-cost TAD because it was a FTOS position and I was coming back to the Navy afterward. I've heard that some people have been able to get funded TAD for FTOS interviews.

Think of it this way - if a lance corporal was getting out of the Marine Corps after doing his 4 year term, would you expect the military to pay for him to travel for civilian job interviews or to check out different colleges or vocational programs?

ActiveDutyNavy

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I received no-cost TAD for fellowship interviews, I also personally know an individual who received funded TAD orders for fellowship (FTOS) interviews.
talk to the powers that be...and cross your fingers.

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 13, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I received no-cost TAD for fellowship interviews, I also personally know an individual who received funded TAD orders for fellowship (FTOS) interviews.
talk to the powers that be...and cross your fingers.

Fellowship to be done once you were out of the military or still part of a military obligation?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.