sevoflurane

Ride
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
I know some fresh attendings are getting the Heebe-jibee's as the orals approaches ever so closely. The boards seems like a life or death situation. Sink or Swim. Everyone is affraid of failure. That is just natural.
I'm sure everyone of you on this forum will kick some a ss when the time comes to shine.

As you pound away this weekend, take a moment and check out these vids for some inspiration.

To these guys, failure is not an option as it truly means death. These poeple are amazing:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEW64Z2gV6M[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akmC6hIC8zE

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYc8aEMfe8E[/YOUTUBE]

Pay close attention at 2:33s and 3:37sec of this last one.

Crazy

Last edited:

Noyac

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Ridiculous footage. Ridiculous talent. Ridiculous terrain.

What I wouldn't give to be able to do what those guys are doing. I'd give it all up.

Unfortunately Sevo, it's probably mostly lost on this crowd.

Hawaiian Bruin

Breaking Good
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Jeremy Jones is my hero. What he and his crew are doing out there is just.... ludicrous.

Those are some no-joke slabs in that last vid. Yikes.

Last edited:

Noyac

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
I have watched these vids over and over a few times for the the last few months. I still get chills every time I watch. Almost emotional. Almost.

coldweatherblue

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Status
Medical Student
First Descent is an awesome film.. it's impossible to describe how different the mountain looks when you're sitting at the top trying to find your line, rather than looking at it from across another peak. Even just hiking around a saddle to an adjacent peak and trying to pick out the line that you scoped like 5 minutes ago becomes very difficult.. awesome films.. now I wanna RIDE.

coldweatherblue

10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Status
Medical Student
after posting in this thread last night, I woke up this morning, took a shower, and was walking out the door to attend 2 hours of "pathophysiology of diarrhea" when I noticed that the clothes I'd put out to dry were soaking wet.. looked at the mountains, thought, "yeah, they got snow." five minutes later i'm in my car headed to mt baldy. :)

great day of spring skiing in california: 24 degrees, 100 foot visibility, 30 mph winds.. snow/hail all day lol.. felt like February in summit county. oh yeah and ~6 inches fresh and NO ONE on the mountain. made my own trail all day.. stoked. :thumbup:

Hawaiian Bruin

Breaking Good
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Empty spring powder days at Baldy are awesome. I'm jealous- I wanted to go today, glad you got the goods. Don't forget to get your $100 season pass for next year. This was such a great frigging year at Baldy, but after the parking lot runs burned out a few weeks ago I haven't been back up.

Late April through May will be a good time to go hike and ride Baden-Powell...