Take A&P Through the Kinesiology Dept? Fall Semester Schedule Help PLEASE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamer67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what electives to take for next semester, so far all I'm registered for is Cell Bio. I already took animal phys. and am planning on taking human anatomy next spring. Already took biochem, but prof. was horrible so learned nearly nothing. What is the difference between kinesiology A&P and taking anatomy and physiology as separate courses through the bio dept? What other courses do you guys recommend? I am applying this cycle, and I've heard you should try to keep a light load for the fall after applying, because of interviews. Should I just take cell bio and a bunch of random electives, like 100 levels (or would this look bad?), or try to take more advanced science courses (like I could take grad level biochem?)

Members don't see this ad.

Cell Bio is good.

Is A&P through the Kinesiology department a one semester course? And is there a lab component?

I ask because there is a certain course at my institution's extensions that squish anatomy and physio into one compact course.

But that is irrelevant to the next point:

(1) Have you pretty much done a bunch of upper div science courses? If you haven't, I'd look into taking genetics, microbio, immunology, virology, nutrition, etc...

(2) Are you in a position where you need to raise your sGPA and cGPA? If not, then just take anything you'd be interested in taking and take it easy =).

it's a 1 semester course with no lab. Relevant upperlevels I've taken are genetics, phys, microbio, and biochem (useless, like I said before). Don't need to raise GPA (4.0). Would taking grad-level biochem be a good idea? So confused on what to take:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like a GPA padder. Have fun!

Since I'm going to be taking the semester anatomy course anyway, should I just fill my time with easy electives like intro to jazz, etc. Or would this look bad to adcoms? Are there any other upper level science courses I should take that would be beneficial?

I would take it. I don't know how your bio department is, but in mine anatomy and physiology is largely for different animals with less of a human focus. This other course may be human based, which would obviously be more beneficial.

Anatomy through the Bio dept is human anatomy with lab. Anyone have any other course suggestions?

It was suggested to me to take (Or retake as a refresher) physiology. Usually KIN anat/phys with no lab is entry level stuff. I took anatomy, then phys as a freshman, and then three years later a/p combined... Joke. What about genetics?

Yea it is only 100 level so I'm guessing it will be pretty basic stuff, so I'm trying to find other courses that will be beneficial to take instead. I took genetics second semester freshman year, so can't take that. I guess I shouldn't have piled up all my classes during my first two years. I've taken genetics, biochem, animal phys, and microbio. Any other upper levels I should be looking into?

hmmm... i don't think patho is offered at my school. I think a 2 credit course in molecular path is offered through another department. It's a practicum

at my university, the A&P through kinesiology is ridiculous. i would advise doing a full anatomy course then physiology. that's what i did and it worked out pretty well. B+/A-