TAKE ACTION NOW: Fight for federal subsidized loan for dental students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i D M D

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Write your lawmakers today and ask them to cosponsor H.R. 4223, the “Protecting Our Students By Terminating Graduate Rates That Add to Debt” Act or POST GRAD Act. Taking action will only take a minute and will further support ASDA’s lobbying efforts on this bill at National Dental Student Lobby Day on April 12.

The POST GRAD Act would make students pursuing graduate and professional degrees eligible to receive Federal Direct Subsidized Loans.

If enacted, you would not be required to pay the interest on your Direct Subsidized Loan while in dental school and for six months after graduation.

If you are one of the 71 percent of students that relies on federal student loans to finance your education, this bill could decrease the amount of student debt you face when you graduate.

In the pre-drafted letter you send to your representative, we encourage you to include the actual amount of debt you will graduate with in the fourth paragraph.

Contact your legislators today and urge them to cosponsor this bill.

It will take a minute to fillout this form and help fight this cause.

http://cqrcengage.com/asda/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=191732

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
I thought Bernie was gonna make it all free??? :shrug:

Capitalism is too strong with this country. Until some sort of tuition regulation comes into action, this bill is the closest thing we can make use of to lower our debts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Scumbag_Steve @JLT223 @jokersmiles @Incis0r @helpmepleasedentists and others. Please help promote this. I contacted my state governor a few years ago for the bill on no-tax dental devices in similar fashion and he voted yes for it. This is important.

I just called my Representative in DC. My Rep is currently not a co-sponsor for the bill, but they will be taking a look at it and getting back to me. I also filled out the provided form.

Thanks for bringing this up, I DMD. It's a very critical issue, and Congress should pass this bill immediately and bring relief to professional and grad students in all programs, including dental, from the ever-increasing burden of student loans.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Awesome! A few clicks can potentially save us thousands after graduation. Thank you @Incis0r @SableFire

Depending on the school, you may accrue over $20,000 in interest while in school. I highly recommend writing your lawmaker to support this bill. I recently received a statement regarding my loans during my first year and it was staggering to see how much interest has already built up.

Reactions: 1 users