Take biochem now or next winter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to take the second quarter of biochem this spring or next winter. The main reason I am thinking of taking it now is so I can get a good grade which will boost up my GPA ever so slightly. I got a B- in biochem 1 and a C in ochem 3, so a bit of a downward track heading into the application period. I thought if I were to rebound nicely it would look favorable. I researched the professor teaching the course and she got bad reviews and hasn't taught the course since 2007.
Some schools only require 1 quarter of biochem so that's why I was thinking of waiting until next winter to take it. If I get accepted into a school that requires two quarters I could take it in winter or spring. My OGPA and SGPA are both about 3.4 and I got 22 AA and TS on the DAT. Any advice? I'm working full time, shadowing at two offices and about to take on a volunteer gig so I've got a full schedule as it is. The low ratings scare me and the last thing I want is to get a B or worse in the class right when I apply. Any advice? Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I would also wait. I avoid professors that get bad reviews and love being challenging because it makes a difficult class that much more difficult.