Take DAT early and submit it or study more and submit it later

archonsbk

7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi,

I am still studying for DAT and I am wondering whether I should sign up for DAT early June (Which means I can study for between a week and 2 weeks) and submit the application asap or should I study for about 3 to 4 weeks later.

I heard that if your DAT score isn't submitted, your application won't be reviewed.. is that true? Also, can I submit the score after the 2nd time I am taking (which I assume will be around September since you can't take DAT for 3 months) it?

dentalprodigy

Mr. Awesome
7+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2009
South Jersey, NJ
Status
Dental Student
Understand the situation but you know best.

do you think you will score well if u give it early? do u not feel prepared?

Id say do it right FIRST time. Wait 2 Weeks if it means getting better score. If I feel confident then take it early.

But don't base your decision on simply submitting in your application the earliest. Base it on weather you feel ready 2 take the exam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

davaidavai1

Removed
Apr 20, 2012
Status
Hi,

I am still studying for DAT and I am wondering whether I should sign up for DAT early June (Which means I can study for between a week and 2 weeks) and submit the application asap or should I study for about 3 to 4 weeks later.

I heard that if your DAT score isn't submitted, your application won't be reviewed.. is that true? Also, can I submit the score after the 2nd time I am taking (which I assume will be around September since you can't take DAT for 3 months) it?
You can submit your app before you take the DAT to ensure its processed by AADSAS. Once you take the DAT it takes 2 weeks for it go to on your file and then the app is deemed complete. Schools do not review applicants w/o DAT scores or LORs. I wouldn't rush taking the DAT unless you're 100% ready. While it's better to apply early June vs. late June, its although better to apply with a higher DAT score vs. a lower one. Good luck.