1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

take DAT now and apply next year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ucdbiochem, Aug 18, 2002.

1. ucdbiochem

ucdbiochem Senior Member

i'm done with all the pre-reqs for dental school and have started studying for DAT. i wonder if it's ok to take DAT now and apply next year? ( i won't apply this year ) how do i send the score to the schools since i haven't decided where to apply? any suggestions?

also, when i was trying to schedule the test date, the computer asked for a confirmation #. what's that? i punched in my SSN but it didn't work.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Take you DAT immediately. One of the biggest mistakes I made was that I didn't take my DAT when i finished the pre-reqs. I am suffering now. I already received an interview, got everything in but haven't taken my DAT. I'm happy for my interview but equally dissapointed that I should have taken care of this test a long time ago. So everything rests on this test now. Take it and then you will know if you need to retake it, if you do (which is okay) you can adjust and still be on top of your game.

Good luck,

DesiDentist

4. RSXer

RSXer :) UoMBCDSCo07 :)

Take it now whether or not you apply this year or next.

I took the DAT on August 2001 and am applying this year for 2003 entering class. It's no problem. All schools accept 1 year old DATs. Very few schools deny DAT scores more than 2 years old, so you should be okay.

Also, you can call the DAT office the year you plan to apply. So if you apply next year, plan on requesting the office to send the scores in July, August 2002. By then you should definitely know where you're applying.

BTW, the confirmation number should be on the letter they sent you along with the telephone #you received. ..I think. Either that, or they told you over the phone when you first requested a test date. I think the latter is correct.

5. ucdbiochem

ucdbiochem Senior Member

no, there is no confirmation # on the letter. only a phone number.
    does anyone know how to get the confirm #?