Take it in September?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarlyTester

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a few pretty easy questions....

I recently finished an intensive biochem spring course, and decided I might as well take the September MCAT since I pretty much have 10-11 weeks with nothing to do, so I registered for Sept 8 a couple days ago. I just STARTED studying and I have the TPR class materials which I got for Free from a friend- about 3 or 4 books, (but I am not enrolled in the class). I have a pretty good background in physics, orgo, and g chem, but absolutely no physiology whatsoever. At this point, I am going INTO my third year, so there really was no rush to go ahead and take it now, but I said I am pretty prepared so what the hell.

Questions.....Do I have enough time to really do enough studying and not short change myself? (I would be studying 7-10 hrs per day, 6 days a week).

I dont know how I feel about the TPR materials and am tempted to order the EK study package simply b/c I have heard a lot of good things and its a good price. Any thoughts on a switch between my free princeton books and ek?

Obviously my main concern is that I am jumping into the test now, and needlessly shortchanging myself on time to study, but at the same time I do have a Full TWO months everyday to devote to it at this time.

I appreciate all opinions/advice. Thanks!

Bill

Members don't see this ad.

Are you applying in this cycle?

I think 10 weeks is ample time to study if you use your time well, studying 7-10 hrs/day should be more than enough.