take Kaplan 6-11 or REtake Kaplan 1-5 ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g8orlife

chomp
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been roughly following SN2ed's MCAT study schedule as a Non-traditional for the April 10th exam, but I tailored it to fit my schedule. I have been struggling with the final month organization for the longest time; and no matter how many threads I read, I can't come up with a final conclusion.

I took the Kaplan course and already completed practice tests 1-5, but I did NOT review them. Now, I know how important it is to take new practice exams in order to simulate the stress and timing issues associated with unfamiliar material; but on the flip side, I have also heard many negatives about Kaplan 7-11 (especially 10 and 11).

My question is: In final month where I strictly take and review full length practice tests, before getting to the AAMCs, should I retake Kaplan 1-5 and review them heavily this time around, OR should I take the unfamiliar Kaplan 6-11 and review them ??? Any advice will be greatly appreciated, because this decision is driving me bananas!! :eek: :D

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't retake any of the practice exams because it artificially inflates your scores. Take 6-11 and heavily review those exams.

I wouldn't retake any of the practice exams because it artificially inflates your scores. Take 6-11 and heavily review those exams.

Thanks, yes! ... And I guess I'll be taking everyone else's silence as an agreement with you. :rolleyes:

Well this is just my opinion but I would take 1-6 (since at least 6 would be completely new to you). You're not really using kaplan fls to gauge your score, because I would think that's what the aamc tests are for? Depending on how bad 7-11 are, your score would not be a good predictor of the real thing anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys/gals!

I decided that I'll take the Kaplan FLTs 7-11 because I do want to stay consistent with that feeling of unfamiliar material while attempting questions. I will review them. But, I also readjusted my schedule so that I now have time to go back and review my previous FLTs.

Thank you for your advice because it helped me come up with this final solution. :idea: :thumbup:

Happy studies!