take mcat photo w/ digital camera?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if it is okay to take your picture with a digital camera and then print it off on regular paper and paste it to the mcat ticket? i assume it would be... has anyone else done this?

Members don't see this ad.

Do whatever you need as long as it makes you look half way decent.....mine freaken turned out a nightmare. I looked like I was on crack and had the most miserable look on my face. Thinking back at it, I have no clue how the adcoms accepted me with that damn photo.

1)Take a pic with your dig camera
2)Transfer data to disk
3)Bring disk to nearby target
4)Search for Kodak photostation
5)Print your photos for about $5 bucks onto professional paper-about 20 prints

Members don't see this ad :)
I took mine w/ a digital camera and then took a disc to Walmart & had them develop it on real photo paper. It was 26 cents per 4x6 print. You will have to wait 20-30 minutes for it to develop though. I don't know if printing it on regular paper would be OK or not b/c I'm not sure exactly what they use it for.

you can get digital photos pinted into real photos at any costco, walgreens, riteaid, etc. any drug store will offer them these days for about 30 cents a pic.

if you really have the time, and available software, crop 2x2 images and paste six of them into a 4x6 field. that way you'll get 6 photos per sheet that you can use for secondaries as well

Okay, thanks for the advice. I never knew any of these places would do this for me.

Back when I took the MCAT, I just went and got passport photos taken at a photo lab.

Originally posted by Disenchanted 1
Do whatever you need as long as it makes you look half way decent.....mine freaken turned out a nightmare. I looked like I was on crack and had the most miserable look on my face. Thinking back at it, I have no clue how the adcoms accepted me with that damn photo.

why did you show the adcoms your mcat ticket photo?

I took a digital picture, printed it out on regular paper, then scotch taped it to the mcat ticket. no probs.

A tip: while you're at it, since it sounds like you might end up with a whole sheet full of photos, it might be a good idea to go ahead and make these the pictures that you send along with your secondary applications (some schools ask for a small photo along with your app). maybe put on a blazer or something and comb your hair. :-D

When I took the MCAT's, I used my digital camera and printed the pic out on glossy photo paper and then scotch taped it onto the ticket. I encountered no problems:)

Originally posted by irie
why did you show the adcoms your mcat ticket photo?

Oh....woops....well I was actually referring to the photos required for the application process cause in texas TMDSAS requires that you submit a photo for each school you apply to. and that's the one that turned out horrible. But then now that I think about it my MCAT ones turned out crappy as well.