take mcat photo w/ digital camera?

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Hey, does anyone know if it is okay to take your picture with a digital camera and then print it off on regular paper and paste it to the mcat ticket? i assume it would be... has anyone else done this?

basupran

ortho, study, cars, lift
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 24, 2003
    NY
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      1)Take a pic with your dig camera
      2)Transfer data to disk
      3)Bring disk to nearby target
      4)Search for Kodak photostation
      5)Print your photos for about $5 bucks onto professional paper-about 20 prints

About the Ads

vr4nut

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jan 31, 2004
      TBD ;)
        I took mine w/ a digital camera and then took a disc to Walmart & had them develop it on real photo paper. It was 26 cents per 4x6 print. You will have to wait 20-30 minutes for it to develop though. I don't know if printing it on regular paper would be OK or not b/c I'm not sure exactly what they use it for.

splat2000

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Jan 22, 2004
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          you can get digital photos pinted into real photos at any costco, walgreens, riteaid, etc. any drug store will offer them these days for about 30 cents a pic.

if you really have the time, and available software, crop 2x2 images and paste six of them into a 4x6 field. that way you'll get 6 photos per sheet that you can use for secondaries as well

irie

royale with cheese
          7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Aug 21, 2003
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Originally posted by Disenchanted 1
            Do whatever you need as long as it makes you look half way decent.....mine freaken turned out a nightmare. I looked like I was on crack and had the most miserable look on my face. Thinking back at it, I have no clue how the adcoms accepted me with that damn photo.

why did you show the adcoms your mcat ticket photo?

I took a digital picture, printed it out on regular paper, then scotch taped it to the mcat ticket. no probs.

No Egrets

Bachelorette of Science
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            May 16, 2003
            Houston, TX
              A tip: while you're at it, since it sounds like you might end up with a whole sheet full of photos, it might be a good idea to go ahead and make these the pictures that you send along with your secondary applications (some schools ask for a small photo along with your app). maybe put on a blazer or something and comb your hair. :-D

Disenchanted 1

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Jan 23, 2004
              Austin, Texas
              www.google.com
                Originally posted by irie
                why did you show the adcoms your mcat ticket photo?

Oh....woops....well I was actually referring to the photos required for the application process cause in texas TMDSAS requires that you submit a photo for each school you apply to. and that's the one that turned out horrible. But then now that I think about it my MCAT ones turned out crappy as well.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.