Take out more loans than budgeted by the medical school? Is this Possible?

Focus

crazy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2001
    Hi everyone,

Is it possible to take out more loans as a medical student than what the school budgets us? (ie. through a loan company)

For instance, if my med school budgeted my budget to be 50k a year, and I wanted more money so I can support a family, can I as a medical school student be eligible to borrow more money? If so, what company would you suggest?

Thanks!!

- Focus

P.S. I know that some loan companies ( I think such as MedLoan) will only lend out up to your budget total...so I'm looking for other companies.

Ramoray

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 13, 2002
      hey i posted this same question a week ago or something and i did some research and you can get various loans on top of ur student loans but hte problem is that they do not let you defer the loans till after residency or even school sometimes. Some allowed u to defer till after school but then u have ot start paying back at residency which owuld not be fun. Check out bankone and wellsfargo, both had loans like this. Actually both made you pay interest payments while in school, no deferment on those. which turned me away from them but if you are willing to make some payments while attanding then you coudl defeintly find one. ok good luck!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.