Takeing Science Classes in the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afabela

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes i was wandering do DO schools (especailly TCOM) frown on taking some science classes in the summer? b/c I was planning on taking Organic Chem 1 during summer one and Physics 1 in summer two, so I will be able to take Organic Chem 2 and Physics two in the fall so I can take the MCAT in the spring. Your advice will be very helpfull thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Schools really don't care when you take the classes. Unless the person interviewing you is detail oriented, s/he will not even look at when the class was taken. Usually they just take a quick look to see that you have the classes. Very often student take summer courses to get the req. out of the way if they are going back to school. Go ahead and take the summer classes, there will be no problems.

summer classes aren't any easier than full term classes. If anything they are harder because professors cram a regular semester into the summer term.

There is one big advantage to summer course's time scale as well...the test is very soon after the matter is presented. Because there is usually a test every week, there is little time to ever forget what you learned. In that respect I have found them to be alittle easier. I do agree withe the fact that it is demand because if you fall behind you are screwed!