Taking 5 Years to Graduate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CompSciMath

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have one question on my mind about graduation. I am a double major in Computer Science and Math with a minor in music performance. So basically my schedule is pretty full with comp.sci, math, and music classes. I want to go to medical school, but I can't seem to work out any of my med school requirements into my schedule without going crazy. So basically I was wondering if it is OK to take 5 years instead of 4 to graduate, since I'm already taking too many classes as it is per semester.

Members don't see this ad.

So I have one question on my mind about graduation. I am a double major in Computer Science and Math with a minor in music performance. So basically my schedule is pretty full with comp.sci, math, and music classes. I want to go to medical school, but I can't seem to work out any of my med school requirements into my schedule without going crazy. So basically I was wondering if it is OK to take 5 years instead of 4 to graduate, since I'm already taking too many classes as it is per semester.

Yeah, that's fine.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately, I was a Computer Science major that switched to Neuroscience, and then decided I wanted to go to medical school. So as it stands now, I won't graduate until my 5th, maybe even 6th year, depending on my course load. But I figure I might as well do it right the first time and not worry about SMPs or postbacc.