Taking A Course After Graduating

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Youngm2194

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking a course at the Harvard Extension school, most likely developmental bio or immunology. I just wanted opinions to see if it is worth the $1400. I graduated in May from top 20 public school and work in a lab in the area that has a relation to HMS. I got a 515 on the MCAT (128/128/131/128). My cGPA is 3.3 exact and my sGPA is 3.2. I know these GPAs are extremely low, but this is due to poor first two years. My sGPA the first two years (with gen chems, calc 1/2, genetics, ecology, etc.) was 2.9. My sGPA the last two years was 3.66 while taking all upper level science classes (both orgos and lab, biochem, 3 physics classes, neuro classes etc.).

Basically my question is, assuming I can get an A in whatever class I take at the extension school, have I already proved that I can handle upper level classes based on my sGPA from the past two years? I am just not sure if getting an A in this one post-bac class will help. I am interested in it and like learning, but I do not want to waste my money taking one class if even getting an A wont help much or "prove" anything for lack of a better word. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: