Taking a ton of random sciGPA boosters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeykong1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm planning on taking a large number of science electives in my junior year since i'm practically done with my major [non-science although i have a 3.9867 gpa in my major] requirements.

Honestly i'm taking these classes b/c i believe that i have a pretty good chance of doing well in them. they are not upper level courses per say. rather they are some math, neurosci, and bio electives. would adcoms call me out on this in the future? do i have to explain the reason for each class i take.

Members don't see this ad.

So i'm planning on taking a large number of science electives in my junior year since i'm practically done with my major [non-science although i have a 3.9867 gpa in my major] requirements.

Honestly i'm taking these classes b/c i believe that i have a pretty good chance of doing well in them. they are not upper level courses per say. rather they are some math, neurosci, and bio electives. would adcoms call me out on this in the future? do i have to explain the reason for each class i take.

You're fine. All the adcoms that I met with could care less about what classes I took, as long as I completed my Bachelor's and I had the necessary pre-reqs (I did have one interviewer ask me why I chose the major that I chose, but that is it). Don't stress it, do well in your classes, and you will probably never hear anything about them.

Yah go for it lol. I mean the only big problem I could actually see is if your taking something like a lower level math course or a lower level biology specifically for non-majors. Otherwise go ahead. I know I'll be taking a few science boosting classes,like astronomy and statistics for business majors.

just so you guys know, math classes dont count in ur science gpa for DO schools.. so if you're not particulary good at math i would not advise taking them.