Sep 12, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello! I have found myself in a difficult situation and really appreciate any words of advice.
I am doing a DIY postbacc after graduating this yr with a BA Neuroscience from a state school (2.9sGPA, 3.0cGPA). I signed up to retake Gen Chem2 this semester at a community college, but am afraid that I will get a C (class avg is 24%, I have a 45%, prof said there is no curve). I think the highest I can possibly get is a B. I am retaking this class to improve upon my previous attempts with grades F then C in undergrad, so I can only afford an A (to bring the avg course grade to a C). Would it look terrible if withdrew from the community college class and aced it next semester at a 4yr univ? This would give me a W but would also eliminate the risk of another C that would dent my pb gpa and put me back in the same place. It would be my first W. I am concerned abt how a W looks like during a DIY postbacc yr for med school apps and wanted to reach out for advice.
Thank you so much!

Sep 12, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Thank you @gonnif! Hoping that a retake at a 4yr univ next sem with an A & high MCAT section score will alleviate any concerns from schools about this postbacc W.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads