taking a "W"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted9493

My sophomore year I was forced to take a "W" in organic chemistry because I missed too many lectures to do well in the class. My reason for not making it to class was that I was needed at home to help my mom with my dad who has multiple sclerosis... I've included a snippet about this in my personal statement.
Do you guys think it will hurt my application severely. I'll be ending up with a solid A in orgo. this semester. Is this going to be a weak point in my application?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

no it will not, i have a W too, it is better than finishing the class and failiing it, plus u are getting an A in the class now:clap: , if u read many posts on the forum ;) u will find out that many people have done just fine with Cs and Ws on their transcrpt, not many Ws though, :D

good luck!

I have one W. I didn't explain it at all, and your reason is better than mine. I wouldn't worry about it at all! It won't even matter.

Good Luck! :D

Just to give you some perspective, I have 8 Ws on my transcript, have now been accepted to UVA and the University of Rochester, and was not asked about withdrawing a single time. If the rest of your application is excellent, schools are not going to worry about a withdrawal, especially as you only have one. Good luck!