1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking an 800 grad-level medical class to supplement science GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dustbunny, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Dustbunny

2+ Year Member

I've got a piss-poor GPA. It's consistently going up, but it's really not very good by any stretch of the imagination. I've enrolled in Harvard's 8-week, summer organic chem class to replace my current C-range organic grades. I'm not worried about getting A's in that course.

I'm also considering taking a graduate psychopharmacology class, just because I think it'd be interesting. It's designed for current and future psychiatric nurse practitioners. There's no doubt in my mind that I could also get an A in this course as well.

Surely getting an A in a graduate pharmacology class looks good. Perhaps even enough to offset a poor Biology II grade -- considering that the Ppharm is "harder" and will show that I'm actually capable of handling "difficult" material.

Thoughts? Worth it? Other?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eternalrage

eternalrage Even Kal has bad days...
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you think you will enjoy it and you think you will do well, then go for it.

If you do badly, someone might look at that transcript and be like "wow this guy can't handle med school level courses", so be careful.