1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking April Mcat while still taking Physics II and Orgo II + Lab?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by karlin009, Mar 28, 2004.

1. karlin009

karlin009 5 more minutes..
    7+ Year Member

Is it possible or am I dreaming?
    :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. raDiOnut

raDiOnut Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well, I dunno if you're dreaming...I guess it's possible though, cuz that's what I'm doing. I'll let you know how it worked out in 3 weeks, lol.

I'm already planning to take the MCAT again in August. I'm just taking it now so that I know what I'm up against in August.

raDiONut :cool:

4. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

I think you can definitely do it material-wise. Mainly because the Physics II and Orgo II material on the exam is not nearly as in depth as you need to know it for your classes, and if you do not know it already, you can become familiar with EK or Kaplan, etc. info (that's what those materials are there for...those who have forgotten or never really learned it)

However, that is quite a work load. And unless you feel you can effectively balance it all without letting the grades of those core classes or the MCAT suffer as a result of having too much on your plate, you may want to consider taking it in Aug. or taking it when your class-load is a little more slack. Although a lot of people do it that way and get by just fine, it just adds more stress to an already stressful situation having a lot of other stuff going on. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

5. ASDIC

ASDIC The 9th Flotilla
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yes it is doable!

6. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

I am taking it in April with Bio II, Orgo II and a bunch of other GE's... not too bad, although I have completely neglected my school work for this beast... it's doable though, just gotta schedule and most importantly, follow that schedule religiously.

7. nikibean

nikibean Tip your guide.
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    I'm a post-bac and I'm doing it. Just remain focussed and budget your time. I study for the MCAT about 6 hours/day and study for my classes about 2 hours/day alternating days. My classes are complimentary to the MCAT work so I'm not super worried about "reviewing" new material. Just know that you need to give up partying or major travel this semster to do it, and warn your friends, so you'll still have them when you're done (if they're true friends, they'll understand).

8. MechE

MechE Med School's Slave
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm taking Organic 2 now and the April MCAT. It won't be a problem.

It might even be better because you learned the material very recently. In my Princeton Review class most others had forgotten all the organic material, and I just learned it a few weeks prior.