Taking Bio 101 at a CC and Bio 102 at a Uni

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fakhter

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i'm taking Bio 101 now but am transferring next fall to a university. Do universities typically allow you to take the second half which in this case would be bio 102.

Members don't see this ad.

Just make sure your Bio 101 class at your CC is the equivalent of the prerequisite to Bio 102 at the university.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if it is the same at your school but at mine, and the next University I am transferring to next spring...(actually I think all in my state) Bio 101 & 102 (Introduction to Bio) combo is for non science majors and non-premeds. Premeds have to take bio 105 (Principles of Bio) to satisfy the requirement. As I said this is how it is in my state, not sure about others but just thought it would be useful info in case it is actually similar to your own situation.

Good Luck!

Just make sure your Bio 101 class at your CC is the equivalent of the prerequisite to Bio 102 at the university.

THIS!! I did exactly what you are doing, but I did not realize that Bio 101 at my CC is actually Bio 102 at my 4-year. In the transfer evaluation the course even shows up as "GEN BIO 101" as it did at CC, but in very small print next to it is a very long number...which is the school #, department #, and course # of Gen Bio 102 at the university.

THIS!! I did exactly what you are doing, but I did not realize that Bio 101 at my CC is actually Bio 102 at my 4-year. In the transfer evaluation the course even shows up as "GEN BIO 101" as it did at CC, but in very small print next to it is a very long number...which is the school #, department #, and course # of Gen Bio 102 at the university.

I don't think I've ever seen a Bio 101 course at a CC as anything other then a general/intro course. Usually, the Bio prereq willibe listed as "principles" of biological science, or something close. Make sure you see an advisor and ask them specifically if the Bio 101/102 are the med school prereqs. I can almost bet they aren't, but ask anyway.