Taking both MCAT and DAT... What should I study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyaroraine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
If any of y'all have taken both the MCAT and the DAT, could you recommend good study books that will cover topics for both MCAT and DAT? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Why take both when you should take one? You should decide whether medicine or dentistry interests you more.
If you can't decide, consider oral and maxillofacial surgery, so you go to both dental (first) and medical school (second) If you do this, you won't have to take the MCAT ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Materials used for the DAT:
Bio - Kaplan Blue book, Cliff's Bio, and DAT Destroyer + Bootcamp
GC - Chad's videos, DAT destroyer, Kaplan Blue book + Bootcamp
Orgo - Kaplan Blue Book, Google, and DAT Destroyer + Bootcamp
Math - Math destroyer and DAT Destroyer
PAT - DAT Bootcamp, Achiever
RC - Crack the DAT, Achiever + Bootcamp

These materials worked for me, if I were you I'd search up some DAT breakdowns on this site - they're pretty useful.

As for the MCAT - my brother wrote it. He hated Princeton and loved Kaplan. I'd search through the MCAT forums to find out which book set you want to purchase.
Just note that there are differences between the two tests, I don't think there are materials that will cover both for you...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd recommend deciding on which field you want to go into first

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a complete waste of time to me. Decide now before you waste time studying