taking calculus 1 junior or senior after takign calc 2 fresh.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dvdrv31

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, i took calculus 2 freshman year. i was not pre-med then and wasn't worried about which class I could do best in. I recieved a B+ in the class.

but my science gpa needs help. should I take Calc 1 -it will be an easy high grade to increase the science gpa. however, how will adcoms view this? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you sure this is possible???? I am guessing you probably did something similar to what I did--placed out of Calc I freshman year and took calc II. But at my school, you can't go back and take calc I once you have taken calc II. If you can, well, come up with a good reason to explain it to AdComms, if it is asked. I don't know if all AdComms would notice/care, but some might, so have a logical explanation (other than up-ing the GPA).

good point about explaining to the adcomms. maybe in the fall semester I can take Life Sciences Calculus1 -calculus with biological approaches/problems.

Spring semester is Life Sciences Calculus2, but don't want to take calc.2.

Would Life Sciences be a better choice? of course, this would depend whether I can take it after taking calc2.