Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Taking courses over the WEB.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rpames, Feb 16, 2001.

1. rpames

rpames Optometrist

Optometrist
    Here is some information some may find helpful. My university (Drake) offers course over the internet during the summer. They have done this for six years now. I wanted to take some but wasn't sure if it would look OK on a medical school application...so I called some school.
    University of Iowa
    University of Wisconsin
    Medical College of Wisconsin
    Finch
    George Wshington
    Boston
    Yale
    Des Moines College of Ostopathic Medicine

All the schools I called had no problem with it as long as the course being taken isn't a med. school requirement or needs labs (such as organic chem). It would be fine to take English Lit or Statistics. It may look poor if a large percent of your credits are internet based but as long as the classes are fully indorced by the university and you are getting full credit and a grade if seems to look fine. Some even said it would be a great experience to learn in a different type of enviroment like that.
    By the way, don't bother calling New York Medical College, they won't talk to undergraduate students over the phone. They cut you off with a pre-recorded message and tell you to go to their web site.

------------------
    "If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed."
    -David Viscott

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.