taking DAT more than once

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ricely

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. Does it look bad if I take DAT more than once? People told me to study hard and get a good score first time i take it. I 'm afraid that I might do bad first time I take it even if I study a lot.
Do any schools average out the scores ?

Members don't see this ad.

Gatorgirl,

It is perfectly fine to take your DAT more than once, but obviously you want to try to do your best the first shot. If for some odd reason you didn?t do as well as you had hoped, then taking it again is actually encouraged by dental schools! As far as averaging scores, I haven?t heard of any schools that does that, but that doesn?t say that there isn?t any! I did however hear rumors that some schools will take the higher score for a particular section out of the your many attempts. Study hard and don?t worry about taking it more than once. I?m an actual proof that retaking it is a good thing!!! Good Luck!
:cool:

Hi Yah-ZZZ,

Wanted some info regarding DAT what is the best source to score high in PAT?I'm foreign graduate few colleges require DAT scores(only PAT is considered )Have only 20 days to prepare so really need some advise.

thankx.

Members don't see this ad :)
Merl,

To score high in PAT, in my opinion, is to practice, practice, and practice. A couple of great PAT studying tools includes, but not limit to:

1) Kaplan CD-ROM (came w/ the Kaplan Review Book)
2) Topscore CD-ROM

you can purchase these two CD-ROMs b browsing through the following link:

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/il2/datsuccess/dat.html" target="_blank">http://www.angelfire.com/il2/datsuccess/dat.html</a>

Between the two CD-ROMs listed above, you will have 5 mock PAT tests to practice with! As I mentioned earlier, practice, practice, and practice!!
:cool:

Yeah, I think i'm gonna take it after the spring break and another one during summer.
Thanks for replying~~~~