Taking DAT on Aug 9th. What if I f**K it up ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdmgsr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that if I do really poorly on the DAT, I won't send my scores to any schools, and I'll retake it on Nov 9th (3 months later). I'd do that just so that I don't get any early rejections from my first DAT score. Would this strategy work?

Members don't see this ad.

That is realllllly late to submit and you may miss some of your school's cut off dates for the DAT. Have some confidence. It can do wonders.

I'm thinking that if I do really poorly on the DAT, I won't send my scores to any schools, and I'll retake it on Nov 9th (3 months later). I'd do that just so that I don't get any early rejections from my first DAT score. Would this strategy work?

Did you already e-submit your aadsas application? Once you take your test, ADA is going to automatically release the score to aadsas and they will download the score and send it to your designated schools. there is no fee to send your score starting this year. official report is going through aadsas not ADA. you COULD try to submit directly through ada, but some schools want the official report to go through aadsas. even if you don't send your scores through ADA, your score will automatically go if you already submitted your application.

Did you already e-submit your aadsas application? Once you take your test, ADA is going to automatically release the score to aadsas and they will download the score and send it to your designated schools. there is no fee to send your score starting this year. official report is going through aadsas not ADA. you COULD try to submit directly through ada, but some schools want the official report to go through aadsas. even if you don't send your scores through ADA, your score will automatically go if you already submitted your application.

ADA will release to AADSAS automatically without us having to pay $25 per additional school? I took mine June 11.