Taking EMT-B class + coursework = doable?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedmind

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think of taking an EMT-B class that runs Tues/Thursday 9-12pm and taking 14 credits of coursework?

Is there a heavy amount of reading and studying in an EMT course? In other words, is it very time consuming?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

very doable. if you are even slighlty medically inclined emt should be a breeze. i never opened my book except to study the acronyms, and passed w. a 95%.

dude.....most the stuff is common sense, u'll be fine, AND u'll enjoy it

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think of taking an EMT-B class that runs Tues/Thursday 9-12pm and taking 14 credits of coursework?

Is there a heavy amount of reading and studying in an EMT course? In other words, is it very time consuming?

Thanks.

agree with above. it can be a time commitment though. I took mine my freshman year of college & it was 8 hours of class per week for 9 months. very little studying was involved (in my life period at that point :) ) but there was some reading & practicing (esp with my female classmates) that was necessary.

EMT is incredibly easy... Just listen in lecture and you won't have to study much. The NREMT test is also very doable, and is easier than the coursework.

I just finished my EMT-B class this semester- it was AMAZING! The majority of the information is common sense (for us medically-inclined people), with some memorizing of stats as well.

I found it a total pleasure to study for, and would highly recommend it!!!

-BP

It's a fun class. Mine was kind of hard because the teacher was clearly a man who wanted to go to med school, but couldn't cut it, so he tried to make it seem as hard. Regardless, we did our clinical in an ER room, which was AWESOME. You look sort of like you belong with your EMT outfit on, so people didn't object if you squeezed in and started doing chest compressions, bagging, hooking up EKGs. I also met a few people at the hospital which made it easier to get a volunteer position there.

I did EMT-B with 20; no, problem--provided you aren't taking anything ridiculous like quantum physics.