Taking English after graduating/applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My university requires 2 English classes while I know med schools require 3. I have already taken 1, and my school gives me the chance to test out of taking the 2nd.

I have have a bad experience with taking English, and in order to save my GPA I was thinking about testing out of the 2nd English requirement, graduating, and then applying, and then taking 2 English classes while being part time in the Fall Quarter after graduation during my "year off".

My question is how does this look in the eyes of medical schools? Will they look down upon taking 2 English classes after applying, or does it really not matter at all?

Members don't see this ad.

What med schools require 3 English classes? The most I've heard of is a year (2 semesters).

You just need to take the requirements before you matriculate. You can indicate on your application that you plan to take these classes in the future, and as long as they are done before you start med school orientation, you're good.

Sorry, my university has quarters so 3 quarters would be equivalent to 2 semesters, should have made that clear before. Thanks for advice, I think I will take English after applying then to save my GPA lol.