Taking intensive Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 and Cell Biology at the same time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wamos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I completed my first semester of undergraduate school and just started the second semester. I took Gen Chem 1, Calc, Physics, and some gen ed, but I found myself going crazy because it seemed like I had nothing to do. I finished all my work well before deadlines and it got to the point where I found it hard to start working because I knew after I finished I'd have nothing to do. I'm one week into my second semester and, though the classes seem more interesting, it will still be quite dull as far as workload is concerned. So, instead of taking the usual 3 years of pre-pharmacy before actually entering the Pharm.D program at my school, I've decided to get to the professional program in 2 years.

Current Issue: I didn't take biology my first semester [Fall 2016], so I have to finish Intro to Biology > Cell Biology > Human Structure/Function I > Human Structure/Function II, which all prerequisite each other. This means that I have to take these Spring 2017, Summer, Fall, and Spring 2018 to graduate on time.

However, I also really want to take Intensive Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 during the summer because I'm dying for something to require extreme effort (which I hope it would, seeing how people call it "hell"). But also because I really don't think I can fit all the classes into my weekly schedule next year, with lecture and lab times overlapping.

Question: I've tried searching, but I am not finding any helpful threads. Is there a place where I can do Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 in the summer as well as Cell Biology? I live in Ohio, so preferably in state. Do you recommend a different path? Or any comments/suggestions? I'm dying for a challenge where I know I'll have to succeed in order to continue.

Members don't see this ad.

I would take ochem in order and load up on other classes. Or even take a part time job. Esp since ochem 2 would rely on concepts taught in 1