Taking January 10 2015 MCAT...but just took first FL! Help Plz!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HotDoc212

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently signed up for the January MCAT and took a FL a couple days ago and got 28..This is concerning as I want a minimum of a 33. However, I was wondering how you guys are studying biological sciences. My score breakdown for PS, VR, BS was 11, 8, 9. My issue is with the passages. Its not so much content review as I don't really miss discrete questions. I just get nervous when I see these big dense passages about experiments. What are you guys doing to practice BS and what should I do in the next month? I'll be doing 4-5 verbal passages a day to because that score sucks as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok do this

Go through your practice test slowly answer by answer. Out of the problems you got wrong list how many were due to lack of knowledge, misunderstanding the question, careless error, not understanding the passage ect.

If most of your wrong answers were due to lack of knowledge, you can expect a pretty good score increase with high 30's possible.

If it turns out your knowledge base is good but you still got a 28, that is more worrying and I would expect low 30's with studying.