Taking January mcat for practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaDaLa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
since the cbt is new and all, is anyone that is registered for the january test planning on taking it and canceling it afterwards? i know its too late to register now that the seats are all full, but i was thinking this couldn't hurt considering all the practice cbt's out right now aren't exactly the same format at the "real" thing. sitting thru the january one would be a great way to prep for the april one wouldn't it? (btw, i do realize it will cost $210 just to "try it out") i just want to get an idea whether other people have thought about this too. thx!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm writing it as the real deal. I did a lot of practice during the summer online, however, I don't know/think if that is similiar to the CBT.

since the cbt is new and all, is anyone that is registered for the january test planning on taking it and canceling it afterwards? i know its too late to register now that the seats are all full, but i was thinking this couldn't hurt considering all the practice cbt's out right now aren't exactly the same format at the "real" thing. sitting thru the january one would be a great way to prep for the april one wouldn't it? (btw, i do realize it will cost $210 just to "try it out") i just want to get an idea whether other people have thought about this too. thx!!

dont do it. waste of time and money. kaplan will give you a pretty good simulation at their test sites. it's maybe not the same, but as good as the real thing.

I wouldn't do it, but if you have an extra $210 lying around...give it to me instead :idea: :smuggrin:

P.S. Don't forget you have the 3 AAMC tests to practice on.

Members don't see this ad :)
thx for the feedback guys! i just want to clarify that i am planning to void the test right after taking it. another reason i am doing this is because i took the august mcat, and also took tpr, so i had proctored diagnostics available for me. now, i think its a waste to take another class, so im self studying, but i am running out of material and practice. i just thought that if i am going to pay for practice tests, it might as well be the real thing. the only disadvantage is that i will not know how i scored.

i see what you all are saying, its just that over the summer when i practiced for the august mcat, i took ALL of the aamc's. and plus, the mcat has screwed me over already in terms of money...whats another 200 bucks..

well the point of this thread was to see if this was a common idea amongst other mcatters. i guess its not lol . i appreciate the input tho. thanx

In my opinion the danger lies in the fact at the end of the test you might be saying to yourself " wow, i think i actually did pretty good" and you dont VOID. And upon results you end up kicking yourself.