Taking Kaplan a second time for cheaper?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beagle

Meet BEAGLE
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I once took Kaplan over the summer, and would like to know if I can go back there to use their computers and library for a cheap price?
Has anyone done this?

Members don't see this ad.

yup for 200 bucks
but if you have a friend u can "buddy up"

Stargirl
What kaplan did you go to ?? For some reason, the guy said I could not use their computers. IN fact, I would have to re-enroll in the whole thing again if I just want to use their libraries, computers, etc..

Members don't see this ad :)
well you're suppose to, but the computer system at kaplan is so old that you can just make up a id number and use their material hehe too bad i didn't find out till i had paid for my class =P
you can't use their library material w/o a kaplan card...hehe.... but if you have a friend taking the class you can always just go w/ them and use what they are using that day =) or they can check out the mateiral for you!
hehe dental school's expensive, so try to find ways around spending extra cash if u can =)
I'll tell you I learned the hard way :(
good luck!

Beagle where are you?

I currently teach the DAT for Kaplan.. I may be able to give you some pointers.

Stanford,
I will be a 1st time applicant this June and
trying to plan the best strategy to tackle the monster known as the DAT. My question to you is basically what are the most important materials (books, cd's, or workbooks) do I need? I am also not sure if I should sign up for the general Kaplan course, but have heard about the "Refresher course" although I don't think that I could take this course considering I have never taken the Kaplan course to begin with. I would appreciate it if you could post a list of what should be purchased If I did not want to take Kaplan. As you can see I am very undecided about studying for the DAT but would like to start ASAP!! Thanks for reading this crazy note as I am late for class, any and all input is appreciated.

EyeCandy --

here's what I'd do:

1 - purchase from someone a Kaplan DAT lesson book. There are lots of folks on studentdoctor who have book, I'd guess. Study hard from this, as it really covers all the bases well. Also see if you can purchase the Kaplan CD (though they expire I think).

2 - purchase TopScore PRO, which has excellent exams that you can simulate the exam with prior to the actual DAT

Start with this, and I am sure that you will do well.

Oh, there's also a 3 - if you are in the San Francisco bay area, you might consider taking Kaplan's DAT class in palo alto. I teach it :D

Couple of questions. Can I sign up to just use the computers and library if I haven't taken the course before? Also, is the Kaplan lesson book just the single book you can pick up at the bookstore, or is there more material avaiable?

Kaplan is the best!! What helped me the most was the practice tests you get from the Kaplan library and the computor tests...I didn't even really read that review book much.