Taking Kaplan class but want to use BR books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeB14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im taking the kaplan class, the online materials are great, the teacher is great, but I hate reading the kaplan books.

I also have the EK books but i dont know if I want to use them yet. They are quick and easy to read, but not too much content review (esp in physics and g chem).

I was thinking about buying the BR books and following along which what material kaplan says to read, but read from the BR books.

Any ideas on this? How are the BR books?

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, why not? TBR's materials are great. Just follow along topic-wise. Keep in mind that TBR's strengths lie primarily in the passages so be sure to do those and review them thoroughly. I'd suggest using the Kaplan materials to target weak spots that TBR reveals. So if you find the equilibrium chapter hard in g-chem (which a lot of people do), set up some sectional tests in Kaplan to target that weak spot.

I was thinking about buying the BR books and following along which what material kaplan says to read, but read from the BR books.

Do it. It doesn't mater where you learn the material from, as long as you learn it. Plus, the BK has tons of practice passages which will certainly help. The more you do, the better.