Taking Lab Pass/Fail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cruzinblue

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking anatomy with a cadaver lab, and unfortunately I'm not doing as well in the lab as I thought I would :(. I was completely blindsided when we took our first test and had 30sec at each section on the cadaver to identify diff structures, actions, etc. Sooo needless to say I completely bombed it and have spent the rest of the semester trying to pull myself out of this horrible hole I've dug for myself. We still have two tests left but even if I get 100% on them both (fat chance of that happening :rolleyes:) my grade would barely be hitting the 3.0 mark. I want to change my lab to a pass/fail grade and then retake the class this summer for a grade. I know it looks bad if you take a pre-med requirement as a pass/fail..but if I retake for a grade it should be okay right?

Thanks for your replies :)

Members don't see this ad.

Errrmmm...maybe i misspoke haha. It's a requirement for my major though :p. So if it isn't a pre-med requirement it really shouldn't matter if it's pass/fail right?

Errrmmm...maybe i misspoke haha. It's a requirement for my major though :p. So if it isn't a pre-med requirement it really shouldn't matter if it's pass/fail right?

I think that's a question for your academic adviser if its a major requirement.

Also, make sure it isn't a habit that you take classes pass/fail. I'm guessing that ADCOMS won't like to see that because it says a lot about your work ethic. You want to check with your graduation requirements at your school, too. At mine we are only allowed a certain number of courses to be pass/fail that count towards the major.