Taking MCAT 3rd Time!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meddy15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am taking the MCAT in a few days on May 27. This will be my third time. The first two times weren't so great. I think this time it's going to be different. I have been averaging around a 28 to 29 on my AAMC tests and I even got a 31 on my AAMC 3. I was on the verge of giving up but I know I can do it, I gotta keep confidence in myself and I think thats important. My main problem is that i just get tooo nervous and freak out like crazy!!! My nerves get to me and I screw up like previously. Right now, I finished taking all my practice tests and have just been doing EK Verbal and light review. I want to take it easy these last three days, is that a good idea? I mean I feel pretty ready. What can I do to calm my nerves. I am asking you guys who may have the same experience even when retaking. I mean I should knock this test out if I am taking it for the third time but I'm always scared. Any advice to stay confident and do well in these past few days!!!!?????

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
stay calm, stay confident, your goals will come true if you keep working towards it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you have done a tremendous amount of preparation. You should do fine. Just remember your own advice on test day... Be calm, relax and know that you can do it. Good luck!

just trust urself...u put in the work u kno....also, DO NOT GET HUNG OVER ON ANY SINGLE PROBLEM EARLY...give yourself time....i remember on my PS i ended up skipping liek the first 4 discreets after spedning maybe 20 secs on them...i still ended up having an answer for every question with 10 min left....so jus dont get hung up and trust urself...

u got this mayne....!

Hey Meddy15,
I'm also taking this exam for the 3rd time. I scored similar to you, 19M the first time and 20N the second. What did you do to increase so drastically?

Hey CHOPSTIX,

I took Princeton this time and it helped a lot! You just really have to buckle down and study hard. I've been studyin since February and just trying to use my time wisely. I've been doin a lot of work from the workbooks and I really analyze my tests real well and I think that is key. Trust me, everything will just click and that's what happened to me. Before, I could barely break 8's on my practice tests and now, I am a consistent 9-10 on my sciences but I still struggle with verbal. JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!! It really is tough but if you are confident and work hard, you can do it! I am takin my MCAT on Tuesday and I hope it all goes well. I just have to be calm and the mental part is really HARD for me!!! My goal is to get a 28 or higher and I know I can do that hopefully!!! Just study hard and don't give up!!!

gradu8in2003 -

Just curious how you jumped up with your score so much this last time? Congrats on a big improvement!

I'm taking the test again, (for the 4th time - yikes!). Trying to stick to my motto of never giving up! Just looking to see how I might change my approach for this last attempt at the test!

Thanks for any advice!

Alright, I'm currently signed up to take the MCAT for the 3rd time as well. The first time I took it Apr 2006 21S (8PS 6VR 7BS). I took it again last June and got a 22R (7PS 5VR 10BS). I'm signed up to take it September 13th to apply for 2010 admission. Do you guys have any suggestions in how to improve my score (especially the verbal)? I took a Kaplan course to prepare for my first exam. Now I'm thinking about Princeton Review but I really don't want to spend the money on another course....I've been checking out this thread for awhile and I thought that you guys could help me out PLEASE....THANKS

If your so determined on doing this than you'll do it!

I've talked to physicians that took MCAT quite a few times!

Keep it up

you can make huge improvements i went from a 28 to 35 thats 7 points if u believe AAMC then my odds of going down were significantly higher than of going up, sooo believe in ur self and u can improve